- DO NOT COME TO PDI if ANY of the following apply to you. Stay home and call your primary care physician or clinic right away for
next steps. PDI CANNOT TEST FOR COVID-19.
- If you have been in direct contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 OR
- If you have a: fever OR cough OR shortness of breath OR runny nose.
We will send patients home immediately if they show any symptoms related to COVID-19 when they arrive at our office.
- We are now operating on a regular schedule:
- We will be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8am – 6pm with the last scheduled exam beginning at 4:30.
- We are open on Saturdays from 8am-3pm
- Paperwork: If possible, please complete all your paperwork ahead of time online and either email it or bring it in with you.
- For those patients scheduled please follow below when coming for your test:
- Arrive to your appointment ALONE. Only if you must be accompanied, limit to 1 person only(including if your exam requires sedative or if patient is a minor)
- DO NOTbring children with you to your appointment unless otherwise preauthorized.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted at the front door; you will have your temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 and above (CDC consideration for a fever)will be sent home immediately and you should call your doctor.
- Please arrive with a mask: if you do not already have one, we will provide one to you. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- ID and Insurance card: Please have your id and insurance card in hand and give it to your greeter at the front door.
- Once inside: Our patient care coordinator will check you in.
- Seating: Our seats are disinfected and cleaned after each patient. All seats are spaced out 6 feet apart. Please sit and wait for the technician to come get you.
- Belongings: Please keep all your belongings with you as you will not be returning to the waiting room.
- Test:Once test is complete the tech will walk you out the rear entrance where you can dispose anything in the receptacle provided outside the exit.
PDI is taking all the recommended steps to keep our facility clean and disinfected before and after each patient.
Developments with this illness are happening quickly and the well-being of our patients, staff and their families remains our top priority.
We will continue to keep you updated on the COVID-19 outbreak and how it affects PDI via our web site and social media channels.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call. Your PDI family is here for you.